Losing some weight might be a matter of concern for you if you are overweight or obese. It may be due to appearance complexes or any health reasons. On the other hand, you might want to get your overall body into a proper shape. Here, we will discuss Weight Lifting Exercises to Lose Belly fat.
Especially, losing belly fat has become a common goal for most people in the world. Abdominal fat or belly fat is the most stubborn body fat. Belly fat is also the most harmful fat and reduces your sensitivity to insulin. In addition, it makes your metabolism weak.
As per research, belly fat can invite diseases like type 2 diabetes and various serious health problems. Moreover, it can cause various lung disorders, migraine headaches, and asthma as well.
Belly fat causes some types of cancer who have lousy belly fat. So, here are some tips to help you get going to drop some pounds.
Weight Lifting Can Be Pretty Beneficial For Losing Belly Fat.
There are many types of exercise that you can perform to lose your belly fat. You might want to hit up a gym or work on it on your own. If you browse the web, you can find many options to help you lose weight.
Most of them might include exercises such as yoga, cardio, HIIT, weight lifting, etc. Of course, all of these exercises have their perks. But as far as belly fat is concerned, weight lifting can work very well in your belly area. It can help you lose fat and can help you work on your abs and cuts as well.
In addition, weight lifting helps you build more muscles in your body. When there are more muscles in the body, the rate of fat loss also increases.
As a result, your body and your abdomen start burning more calories. As a result, you can quickly get your belly back in shape. It also helps you to strengthen and tone your body.
6 Best Weight Lifting Exercises To Lose Belly Fat
There are various weight lifting exercises to help you lose weight. They may vary in intensity and difficulty level, but all of them can quickly help you to get back in shape.
Many weight lifting exercises are simple exercises performed while holding some weight as resistance. Some of the easy and most pleasing weight lifting exercises are detailing below.
1. Barbell Squat
The barbell squat is often referred to as ‘the king of leg moves. It is an excellent exercise for you to lose fat. Barbell Squat is one of the best weight lifting exercises to lose belly fat. To do a barbell squat:
- Stand with your feet wide apart.
- Carry a barbell and place it over your upper back.
- Use less weight as a beginner and gradually increase it.
- Get into a squat position.
- Continue going down until your buttocks are at a lower level to your knees.
- Keep your back straight and core tight.
- Slowly, stand straight, and a barbell squat is done. If you are a beginner, start by doing around five sets of ten reps each every week.
- Gradually increase both the reps as well as the sets.
RELEVANT READ: How To Lose Weight At Home With Excercise
2. Barbell Or Dumbbell Lunges
Dumbbell lunges are simple forward lunges that carry either a dumbbell or a barbell in your hand. Barbell or Dumbell Lunges are the second weight lifting exercises to lose belly fat.
- To make a dumbbell lunge, stand with your feet wide apart.
- Carry a dumbbell each on both hands.
- Take a big step and place your one leg forward with a bent knee.
- Both your knees should be bent.
- Make sure that the back knee doesn’t touch the floor.
- Keep your core tight and back straight.
- Repeat the same cycle on the other side.
Make sure to carry a weight that allows you to perform at least three sets of 10 reps on each leg.
RELATED READ: How To Lose Weight In Your Face Fast
3. Sumo Deadlift
The third and one of the best weight lifting exercises to lose belly fat is the sumo deadlift. The sumo deadlift is a kind of deadlift that uses a barbell and is preferred by weight-lifters.
- Start with a nice warm-up.
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees, pushing them outward.
- Grab the barbell with an ‘under-over position of your hands.
- Make sure your hands are entirely straight.
- Keep your hips and core engaged and your back straight.
- Lift the barbell and lockout once it comes at the level of your hips.
- Hold it for a while and place it down slowly.
As a beginner, begin with a maximum of two sets of 3-5 reps. Increase it gradually.
4. Bent-Over Barbell Rows
Bent over barbell is considered as one of the best among weight lifting exercises to lose belly fat. To do a bent-over barbell row:
- Stand with your feet wide apart.
- Bend down and hold the barbell with an overhand grip. The gap between your hands should be a bit wider than your shoulder width.
- Lift the barbell to the level of your hips. Your knees and upper body should be slightly bent but keep your back straight.
- Take the barbell a bit lower up to the level of your knees and again lift it to the hips.
- Build momentum and repeat it.
- Start with three sets of 8 reps, each with an interval of 1 minute.
- Increase the intensity gradually.
RELATED READ: How To Lose Weight While Toning Up
5. T-Bar Rows
T Bar Rows are harder weight lifting exercises to lose belly fat. T-bar row is a less intense version of a bent-over barbell row. For this, you will only load one side of your barbell.
- Place the unloaded side securely in any corner of your room.
- Secure it in a way that it doesn’t lose its grip.
- Grip the loaded end and pull it towards your chest.
- Try to keep your core tight and your back straight.
- Your knees must be slightly bent. Squeeze your shoulder muscles while pulling the weight.
- Please take it to the original position and repeat.
As a beginner, you can start with five sets of 10-15 reps. Then, increase the weight and the reps gradually.
More Related Posts: How To Use A Punching Bag To Lose Weight
6. Smith Machine Squat
Smith Machine Squat is one of the hardest weight lifting exercises to lose belly fat. You will require a smith machine to do the smith machine squat, as the name suggests.
- Unlock the barbell by sitting down and pulling it upwards and forward.
- Place the weight on your upper back or at the area of your shoulders.
- Keep your core tight to maintain balance.
- Lower down into a proper squat position.
- Hold for a second. Now get up and hold the barbell.
- Return to the original position.
As a beginner, please start with less weight on the barbell. Start with four sets of around eight reps. Increase it gradually.
More Relevant Articles:
Walking Schedule To Lose Weight Healthily
The Best Workout To Lose Weight
Proven Tips To Lose Stomach Weight Fast
Running Routine To Lose Weight
How To Tighten Skin On Legs After Weight Loss
Complement These With Moderate Cardio
Weight lifting exercises can be great to help you lose belly fat and also your overall body fat. If you do these exercises, you can get rid of that stubborn belly fat quickly. But combining it with cardio can work wonders on your body.
Cardio is one of the most acceptable forms of exercise to help you lose weight. Also, cardio includes various activities, so you won’t have to stick to a particular routine. It challenges your cardiovascular system and improves your heart health as well. You can try various new and fun forms of exercise every day.
All in all, cardio is such an exercise that allows you to get rid of fat while having a lot of fun. Some of the fun yet straightforward forms of cardio include dancing, swimming, rope jumping, etc. In addition, running can be excellent cardio to help you burn fat.
If you want to get yourself a machine or join the gym, an elliptical is a perfect option for you. It helps you burn your belly fat a lot faster. Cycling also allows you to burn calories very fast. It can be both regular cycling and stationary cycling. Swimming is also a way to lose calories while relaxing and enjoying it. You can also opt for going for HIIT exercises. These are very intense but help you lose weight quickly.
Learn More About Fitness For Weight Loss
Without a doubt, exercising is the best way for you to lose weight. It can be any exercise at your convenience. But only exercising doesn’t work very effectively. For better results, you should combine workouts with various other things as well.
Focusing on your food habits tops the list. If you exercise on the one hand and keep eating junk on the other, you will never be able to lose weight. So you should focus on your nutrient consumption as well. I prefer eating more homemade food rather than fast food. Focus more on proteins and fibers. Try going for a calorie-deficit diet.
Weight lifting is an excellent form of strength training and provides you numerous other benefits along with burning calories. This exercise puts more stress on your muscles comparatively and also increases your basal metabolic rate. In addition, weight lifting exercises to belly fat are excellent tools to lose weight.
It doesn’t cause loss of muscles which is a great perk. Weight lifting exercises to lose belly fat can help you lose weight and keep it away for good. But, it is not a quick process. So, it would help if you tried weight lifting as a part of your exercise routine.