Recipes That Will Upgrade Your Meal Plan For Weight Gain
Eating healthy and sumptuous homemade meals does not have to be stressful as meal prep recipes have fast become the order of the day to be proactive about what you eat.
Having some methods handy may save you the energy of guessing how to prepare a meal, and it is easier when you have easy to make a meal plan for weight gain recipes for breakfast and lunch.
Some meal plans for weight gain recipes that are very healthy, inexpensive, and not time-consuming to prepare and will upgrade your healthy weight gain meal plan if you try them.
1. Overnight Oats Recipe
It is a straightforward recipe for those that do not have enough time to get ready for work in the morning.
- Rolled Oats
- Milk of your choice
- Sweetener, if you wish
- Other ingredients you may wish to add are Chia seeds to help thicken and give you a creamy texture, flaxseed and yogurt, and some toppings, a pinch of salt.
Add oats and chia seeds into a jar, add your sweetener and milk and stir well. Add your yogurt now if you plan to take it cold in the morning. Then, please put it in the fridge and allow for the night.
2. Chia Seed Pudding and Almond Milk
This recipe is also easy to prepare and a great meal plan for weight gain. It is vegan and gluten-free with very few and inexpensive ingredients.
- Chia Seed
- Almond milk or any milk of your choice
- Before going to bed, pour the desired quantity of chia seed and almond milk into a jar and stir. Put the mixture in the fridge and allow it to rest overnight.
- In the morning, stir the pudding to have a smooth mixture.
- Add sweetener or topping of your choice.
Read also How To maintain Weight Gain Meal Plan.
3. Spicy Chickpea and Quinoa Bowls
Suitable for a perfect lunch.
- Raw Quinoa
- Vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic and cloves
- Diced onions, tomatoes and tomato paste
- Red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, fresh cilantro for garnishing
- Rinse the quinoa and soak in warm water for 10 minutes. boil the vegetable broth and add already drained quinoa to the boiling broth, reduce heat and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes
- Next, use a large skillet, and stir fry your onion, and garlic using the olive oil for 3 minutes, after which you add your tomatoes, chickpea, and the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Place your quinoa in a bowl and pot the chickpeas mixture on top, garnishing it with the cilantro. Enjoy.
Read More: 7 Day Weight Gain Meal Plan for Females
4. Spicy Chicken Meal Prep With Rice and Beans
- A cup of long-grain white rice (you may use quinoa or tofu)
- A cup of water
- 14 ounces of fresh salsa.
- 1/2 teaspoonful salt
- 1Ib chicken breast (cut to desired sizes)
- 1/2 teaspoonful oil
- Chili, garlic, and cayenne as spices.
- A 14 0unce canned black beans.
- Fresh cilantro
- Sunshine sauce.
- Pour the rice into a pot and add water, tomatoes, salt, and mix. Put the chicken meat on top and add the spices. Cook till the rice is soft
- Remove the chicken and mix the beans, sauce, and rice. Garnish with cilantro and the sauce.
5. Italian Couscous Salad
You can include an Italian Couscous Salad recipe in your meal plan for weight gain.
For the Salad:
- 4.2 ounces each of roasted garlic and olive oil
- 1 can of drained chickpeas
- 5 ounces of coarsely chopped genoa salami
- 5 ounces of mozzarella cheese
- 1 green bell pepper
- 5 ounces of sliced black olives
- 2 cups of sliced cherry tomatoes.
- fresh basil chiffonade (3/4 cup)
For the Dressing:
- Red wine vinegar (1/3 cup)
- olive oil (1/2)
- 1/2 teaspoonful Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic.
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Prepare your couscous according to the instructions on the package.
- Prepare the salad using the drained chickpeas, bite-sized mozzarella, chopped salami, sliced olives, cherry tomatoes, and chiffonade basil.
- Put the dressing ingredients into a jar and shake properly, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, pour the prepared couscous into a large bowl and allow to cool. Add the salad along with some freshly squeezed lemon and salt and water to taste.
- Add the dressing when you want to eat.
You might be interested in Best Meal Planning Tips
6. The Ultimate Veggie Sandwich
You can include The Ultimate Veggie Sandwich recipe in your meal plan for weight gain
- 2 sliced bread
- 6 leaves of romaine lettuce
- Small carrot
- Mustard and mayo to taste
- freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 cucumber (small)
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 3 slices of tomatoes
- Red onions
- 1 avocado
- Prepare the vegetables, make the lettuce to size, shred the carrots, slice the cabbage and cucumber. Peel the avocado and slice it thickly.
- Toast the bread and produce it to cool.
- Put the mayo and mustard to taste.
- Make the sandwich by adding 1/2 of the lettuce leaf and put the other ingredients one after the other.
- Place the remaining lettuce on top and place the other sliced bread on it. Eat immediately.
7. Sesame Noodle Bowls
You can consist of the Sesame Noodle Bowls recipe in your meal plan for weight gain.
- 1/2 cup of sesame paste
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- A teaspoon of sesame oil.
- A tablespoon of Rice vinegar
- A grated clove garlic
- Sriracha and sugar to taste.
- 3 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 6-8 ounces of noodles which can be stir fry, linguine or Chinese egg noodles
- 2 cups of cooked edamame
- 2 sliced cucumbers
- To make the sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients to achieve a smooth paste
- Cook the noodles following the instructions on the package and rinse with cold water and toss with half of the sesame sauce.
- Divide the noodles, cucumber, edamame, and chicken into four containers and drizzle the remaining sauce on it. Also, sprinkle the sesame seeds on it.
8. Vegetarian Quinoa Burrito Bowl
Vegetarian Quinoa Burrito Bowl is the next meal plan for weight gain recipe.
- 3 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 can of drained black beans
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh corn
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 chopped romaine head
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- 3 avocados
- Make the quinoa salad adding the beans, spices, and lime and stir.
- Add 2 cups of diced romaine, half cup of quinoa mixture and 1-2 tablespoonful of salsa and avocado.
- Garnish it with lime wedges and cilantro
9. Salad in a Jar
This meal plan for weight gain could be handy for you.
For the Salad:
- A one-eighth cup of corn
- A one-eighth cup of diced yellow or red pepper
- A one-eighth peeled and a diced cup of zucchini that is spiralized
- Dark leafy vegetables, shred them.
- 1/8 cup of chopped carrot
- Juice from half lemon
- 1 teaspoonful tamari
- 1 crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon full of herbs de Provence
- 3 tablespoons full of extra virgin oil.
- 1 or 2 crushed capers
- Pepper and sea salt to taste
- Pour all the ingredients apart from the oil into a bowl that can contain it, slowly add the oil as you whisk to emulsify the dressing. As soon as it is emulsified, pour in the remaining oil and add seasoning to taste.
- Pour the dressing into a jar and put in the ingredients of the salad one at a time. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
10. Easy Vegan Red Lentils Dal
This meal plan for weight gain recipe will work better with quinoa or rice.
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups of dried red lentils
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon of turmeric
- Add the lentils and coconut milk to boiling water and allow to boil again then simmer. Allow the lentils to soften for 10 minutes, add the spices and stir. Cook for another 5 minutes
- Serve with cauliflower rice, flatbreads, white or brown rice or quinoa.
11. Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
Blueberry Smoothie Bowl is another excellent meal plan for weight gain recipe.
You will need to take a bowl of Blueberries to proceed with this. In addition to that, you need to take the milk and some bananas as well.
This recipe is relatively easy to prepare. All you have to do is add all the ingredients you have into the blender and blend for a couple of minutes. Then you will be able to prepare the perfect Blueberry smoothie bowl that you wanted to design.
12. Hearty Bagel Breakfast Sandwich
You need to take bread, two eggs, and cheese to proceed with preparing this recipe. However, it is something that you can prepare on your own and enjoy in the comfort of home without worrying about anything.
You should cut the bread loaves and prepare them in the form of sandwiches. Then you need to make an omelet with eggs. While you do it, you can add cheese as well. Then you can place the omelet in the middle of your sandwich and enjoy it.
13. Jacked Up Turkey Sandwich
Blueberry Smoothie Bowl is another excellent meal plan for weight gain recipe.
To proceed with the recipe, you must take fresh spinach, granny smith apple slices, fat-free cream cheese, cranberry walnut bread, and deli-sliced turkey.
You can cut the cranberry walnut bread as you are preparing a sandwich. Then you can add the other recipes into the middle of the sandwich. However, it is better if you can prepare them separately and add them. Along with that, you can enjoy a freshly prepared Jacked Up Turkey Sandwich at the comfort of home.
14. Double Bean Quinoa Salad
Double bean salad is the next meal plan for weight gain recipe, and it tastes delicious.
You must take two cups of cooked quinoa as the primary ingredient to proceed with this recipe. In addition to that, you must take one teaspoon of ground cumin, ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil, one lime juice, and one clove of garlic. You should also take one teaspoon of acceptable sea salt to proceed.
It would be best if you initially prepared quinoa. While cooking quinoa, you need to whisk garlic, cumin, olive oil, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl. Then you can go ahead and add quinoa into the mixture and then serve it. It will help you prepare the perfect Double Bean Quinoa Salad recipe that you can do on your own.
15. Cilantro and Lime Salmon
The ingredients you need for the recipe are two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt, salmon fillets, two cloves of garlic, two tablespoons of butter, and ¼ c. lime juice.
It would help if you initially took a big skillet and place that over medium heat. While heating up, you need to add seasoned salmon with pepper and salt. It would help if you cooked salmon until it gives out a golden color.
This will take around six minutes. Then you need to add garlic and butter. After that, you should bring the mixer to a simmer. Next, you need to reduce the heat and then take it back to the skillet. This is where you can add the other ingredients and mix well.
Learn More: Weight Gain Meal Plans
Frequently Asked Question
Can I Use Anything Else Instead of Milk in Oats?
You can make spicy oats by boiling them in water and adding some oil, salt, and spices. You can also eat your oats with yogurt. You also can make a thick oat soup by mixing vegetables and some chicken or any other meat in it.
Which Rice Should I Use, Brown or White?
Brown rice is a rich source of nutrients, fibers, and vitamin B12. White rice is a refined form of brown rice but has lost all the nutrients. So if you are gaining weight or losing it, the best option for you is brown rice.
Can I Put Eggs in The Veggie Sandwich?
You can make a sandwich by adding anything of your choice. But if you are putting eggs, you have to consider it as your protein portion and count its calories. If you are vegan so clearly you cannot use it. Otherwise, the option is yours.
That’s the main reason why we thought of letting you know about a few examples of meal plans, which you can follow to gain weight. You can follow the above meal plan for weight gain recipes while keeping peace of mind and receiving outstanding results at the end of the day.
I hope the above meal plan for weight gain will help you a lot.