Protein Shakes To Help Gain Weight Fast
A lot of people now rely on protein shake for weight gain. Protein powder is used to gain weight easily. There are many protein powder types, such as whey protein, plant-based protein, egg white protein, keratin. Most people who cannot gain weight quickly are ectomorph. A protein shake is a great alternative to gain weight.
Protein shakes to help gain weight in several ways. Firstly, protein shakes taste good so that anybody can consume it. A protein shake provides all the vitamins, minerals, macronutrients, fats, and healthy oils. It is a complete meal replacement. There are many advantages of using protein shakes to help gain weight, which we will discuss in further article. It is advised not to take protein shake as an alternative to a meal. A protein shake provides you enough protein, which helps you in hitting your daily protein intake.
Are protein shakes good for you?
Protein shakes are a popular supplement in the health and fitness industry. Protein is an essential macronutrient which your body needs to repair muscle, repair tissues. It also helps in weight loss for many people.
Few health benefits of consuming protein shakes are that they help you in weight management. Protein shakes to help gain weight and to repair muscles after an intense workout.
If you exercise regularly and then protein shakes help you in recovery after exercise. It helps you in maintaining your protein intake of a day. 1Scoop of whey protein provides you 30 grams of protein and around 300 calories of energy. Every individual should consume some form of protein shake as it helps in the human body’s overall health.
How many grams protein do I need?
Protein is an essential macronutrient for the human body. If you don’t get enough protein, then you start suffering from physical health. You are not involved in any physical exercise or work; then, your body requires some amount of protein as your body weight. Suppose a person weighs 70 grams, then his protein requirement is 70 grams. Protein shakes to help gain weight and to repair muscles after an intense workout.
An athlete who performs a lot of physical activity requires more protein intake than a normal person who lives a normal life. An athlete requires 1.2 to 1.4 grams per kg of body weight. During physical exercise, your muscles get damaged and repair those muscles; protein plays a very significant role.
Is there any weight gain shakes for females?
Just like men, women need to consume protein shake as it is beneficial for both of them. Women require less protein as compared to men. While most women are struggling with obesity and some are struggling from underweight and want to gain weight. Due to their fast metabolism, they cannot increase their weight.
The best way of gaining weight for women is by making protein shakes because it is easy to make. Protein shakes contain a good number of calories that a female person also consume in between her meals. You can also make a high protein smoothie to gain weight quickly. Protein shakes to help gain weight and to repair muscles after an intense workout.
Should I drink protein shakes before or after working out?
Definitely, yes, your body needs some extra energy during the whole workout session. A protein shake provides you enough protein and calories, which will provide you energy during your workout session.
After a post-workout session, your muscles will damage and to repair that muscle protein is required. Many people use protein shake after a workout to aid this process. During the workout, your muscles get damaged, and to replace those damaged muscles with new muscles; you need a lot of protein. That protein came from protein shakes or high protein smoothies.
Protein shakes to help gain weight and to repair muscles after an intense workout.
7 Best Weight Gainers Review
Supplements To Help You Gain Weight
5 Best Natural Supplements To Gain Weight
10 Best High Calorie Shakes For Weight Gain
Vitamins That Make You Gain Weight: Best 5
Does Protein Help You Gain Weight? Ultimate Answers
When To Take Mass Gainer And Best Reviews
7 Best Protein Bars For Women
How do I use protein shakes?
So, there are many ways in which you can use protein powder. Protein shakes can be made using water, milk. If you mix your protein powder in water, it acts as a fast digestive, which means your body will quickly absorb protein. If you mix the protein powder in milk, it acts like a slow digestive, which means your body will slowly absorb protein.
Protein shake mixed with cold water or milk within 60 minutes of finishing your training session will help you recover by flooding your bloodstream with amino acids, which are quickly entered into your muscle cells to become new muscle tissue. Protein powder can also be taken between muscles.
What are the benefits of taking whey protein shakes?
Whey protein shakes have a huge effect on the human body if consumed in a good amount. Five evidence-based health benefits of whey protein are as follows:
- Whey provide a high quality of protein that contains all the essential amino acids and minerals for your body.
- Whey protein promotes muscle growth as the amino acid present in help in muscle loss. It contains a branched-chain amino acid called leucine.
- If you have a problem related to blood pressure, then whey protein helps lower blood pressure.
- Whey protein help treat type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease which is caused by a spike of insulin in the bloodstream.
- Whey protein help reduce inflammation, which means in the short term, inflammation is beneficial. Still, in certain cases, it turns into a chronic disease.
What are the side effects of taking protein shakes?
One of the benefits of protein shakes to help gain weight, but with the health benefit, there are some side effects too. If you consume highly, then you can face some serious problems. Some side effects include increased bowel movements, thirst, bloating, cramps, reduced appetite, nausea, and headaches.
If you consume too much protein in a day, it is advised to drink ample water. Water is essential to absorb the protein in your body. If you don’t drink a good amount of water, then kidney failure risk might increase.
Top 5 protein shakes review:
1- Orgain Grass Fed Clean Protein Shake, Creamy Chocolate Fudge – Meal Replacement
This organic protein shakes include 12-ready to drink protein glass with chocolate flavor. It provides 20 grams of protein, 3 grams of healthy fiber, and 140 calories per serving. This shake is a perfect way to supplement your diet with a good amount of protein. Reduces your craving and hunger for food at much extend. Also, a good source of calcium for healthy bones in your body.
- It is gluten-free, soy-free, kosher, and vegetarian friendly, and you don’t need to worry about the GMO.
- It provides a good amount of protein in one serving. Around 20 grams of protein and 3 grams of dietary fiber are extracted from one single serving.
- Both men and women can consume this protein shake. It is great for meal replacement or a quick breakfast meal. It helps your weight management (weight gain and loss), building lean muscle mass, muscle recovery. You can use it as a pre or post-workout meal as well.
- It has a fragile consistency, and the taste is also not chocolaty, which made it quite challenging to drink sometimes.
- It includes artificial sweetener, which is unhealthy for your body. Its taste is unbearable, and also it provides less protein as expected.
2-Premier Protein 30g Protein Shake, Bananas & Cream, 11.5 Fl Oz Bottle, (12Count)
It is packed in 11.5 ounces of the bottle, and each shake contains 30 grams of protein with all essential amino acids. This protein shake provides you all types of vitamins and minerals which are required for your body. It won’t go to a gold medal for a superior tasting protein shake in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. This shake is available in many different flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, caramel, banana and cream, peaches, and cream—a perfect meal replacement and a good satisfying snack which you can use before and after your workout.
- It is a perfect meal replacement as it provides 30 grams of protein, 3grams of fats, and 4 grams of carbohydrates. It also provides essential minerals such as zinc, iron, copper.
- It is perfectly blended with ingredients that are used. You can like the taste as well, whatever the flavor you take.
- It is available in eight delicious smooth and creamy flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Caramel, Cafe Latte, Cookies and Cream, Strawberries and Cream, Bananas and Cream, and Peaches and Cream. You can enjoy them as a delicious meal replacement or a satisfying snack.
- Many lumps are found in the drink, which means it is not a perfect blend, making it difficult and irritating to drink this protein shake.
- This protein shake is a meal replacement, but it is not advisable to drink this shake more than 2 times a day as it will lead to problems.
3- Atkins Gluten Free Protein-Rich Shake, Milk Chocolate Delight, Keto Friendly, 12 Count
It is a delicious creamy milk protein shakes help to gain weight. It contains fewer carbohydrates and more protein and fats, which makes it an excellent keto-friendly shake. You will get 15 grams of high protein in a single serving of this protein shake. It is gluten-free. Its glycemic index is shallow, which means and the diabetic person can also consume it. Atkins gluten-free protein-rich shake provides quick energy with 150 calories.
- It contains 15 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar per serving, which keeps you satisfy for all day. Each shake has 1 to 3 grams of net carbs, making it perfect for a keto-friendly lifestyle.
- It is gluten-free. Gluten is a family of storage proteins, formally known as prolamins, naturally found in individual cereal grains.
- It comes with many different flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, lemon, chocolate almond caramel. You can try different flavors with weight gain benefits. It provides quick, effective, and balanced weight loss by limiting carbs quantity.
- The biggest con for this protein shake is that it is not a medically approved protein shake, so you cannot wholly rely on it. Many people face trust issues with it, which is wrong somewhere.
- It is too sweet because of the sugar content in it. Sugar makes it more of a dessert then a regular workout protein shake. It’s too costly as compared to its consistency. It has a fragile surface and too sweet to drink.
4-Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions Protein & Vitamin Shake Chocolate
In a jar of 16-ounce nature bounty optimal solution mix in chocolate, it contains 15 grams of protein in once serving. It supports healthy skin, bone health, energy metabolism. This shake increases the immune system of your body. Also, best for females as it contains all the nutrients required for a female body. The quality and consistency of this protein shake are up to the mark. All the ingredients and products are tested in their microbiological laboratory to ensure that the product is pure.
- This protein shake is a complete meal replacement as it contains all the essential fatty acids, minerals, vitamins, and protein. In a single serving, you get 15 grams of lean protein and a fair amount of minerals and vitamins.
- To maintain the high quality and standards, every product is tested in the laboratory by scientists to ensure the product’s authenticity.
- It well blends just to make sure no lumps are there during the final product. Protein shakes to help gain weight as it provides protein, carbs, and healthy fats.
- This protein shake is not suitable for some people as it contains folic acid. It gave terrible gases and loose stool to some customers.
- Taste is not good when mixing in water, but it tastes good when mixing with milk. So if you are having difficulty with milk, then this protein shake is not suitable for you.
5-Muscle Milk Genuine Protein Shake, Chocolate, 25g Protein, 11 FL OZ, 12 Count
It has a blend of high-quality proteins that help fuel your workout recovery. It provides sustained energy and helps build strength in a gluten-free way. In a single serving, this protein shake offers 25 grams of protein, 4 grams of fibers, and 0 grams of sugars. It also contains minerals and vitamins.
- It uses muscle milk as you can use this protein shake as a pre or post-workout meal. It contains all the essential amino acids which the body is not able to produce.
- It is an excellent source of antioxidant Vitamin A and C for your body.
- The protein in muscle milk protein shake attains a protein digestibility amino acid score of 1, which is the highest in rating.
- Not is suitable for many people as it requires milk, so lactose-intolerant people cant have it.
- It is quite costly as compared to other protein shakes.
Learn More About Weight Gain Supplements
Protein shakes to help gain weight by providing a high quality of protein and other vitamins and minerals. There are much protein shakes in the market which offer lean protein with different flavors. Many benefits of protein shakes are such as it helps you in weight management and reduces blood pressure. Protein shakes to help gain weight as it provides minerals and vitamins.
A protein shake is a good supplement for everyone who is in some activity or workout. It is advisable to drink protein shake both before and after a workout. It acts differently in both the case.
Protein shake to help gain weight as well as it provides all the essential amino acids which are necessary for the human body. Protein shakes are of different types, such as whey, isolate, concentrate, etc. Anyone who can use protein shake only requires that you drink enough water to absorb enough protein.