Everything About Weight gain during pregnancy
Weight gain during pregnancy month by month is very important for women. Pregnant women should gain weight week by week or month by month for the sake of their baby’s growth and development. Weight gain during pregnancy month by month is a matter, especially for pregnant women.
Underweight and overweight women need to be more careful about their pregnancy weight. Such women must have proper information regarding weight gain during pregnancy month by month.
How much weight you should gain is more necessary than ever as pregnancy weight gain affects child growth, so you should seek information about weight gain during pregnancy month by month. Weight gain during pregnancy month by month charts provides information when and how one should gain pregnancy weight.
You should not gain or lose weight during your pregnancy suddenly. But you should gain it week by week or month by month. Here in this article, we will discuss average weight gain during pregnancy month by month and tips to gain weight healthily.
4 Ideas About Weight Gain Month By Month
1. Patterns to gain weight During Pregnancy
Weight gain during pregnancy should be in a pattern. Gain the weight during your pregnancy month by month or week by week. Work closely with the weight gain during pregnancy month by month.
Generally, one should gain weight of about 3 to 4 pounds during the pregnancy of the first three months. You should gain 1 pound weight per week during the rest of the pregnancy. If you are pregnant with twins should gain. It means you should gain 1.5 pounds of weight if you are carrying twins.
2. How much total weight you should be?
The important question is how much the total weight you should gain during your pregnancy? The answer to this question varies from mother to mother. The weight gain during pregnancy depends on the size and the shape of one body before pregnancy.
- Weight gain during pregnancy typically is about twenty-five to thirty-five pounds (25-35 lb). BMI for this is 18.5 to 24.9.
- For the underweight women, doctors recommend a weight gain of about 25-40 pounds during the pregnancy. BMI for this is less than 18.5.
- Women with overweight should gain weight from 15 lbs to 25 lbs during pregnancy with a BMI of 25 to 29.9.
- If the women are obese before pregnancy, doctors recommend a weight gain of 11 to 20 lbs, with a BMI of 30 above.
So, you should gain more weight during pregnancy if you are underweight women. You should gain less weight during pregnancy if you are overweight before pregnancy.
3. Where’s the weight going?
Do you ever think how your weight during the pregnancy is distributed in your body? We often misunderstand it. We use to think that all weight gain is going to our bellies. But it is not in the actual case. Weights gain during pregnancy distribute in different parts of the body of women. Here we discuss where your pregnancy weights go?
- The weight goes to the baby is 7 to 8 pounds.
- Weight for Placenta is 1 to 2 pounds.
- Amniotic fluids gain weight of about two to three pounds.
- The weight gain of the uterus is approximately 2 to 5 pounds.
- Maternal breast tissues gain weight of about 2 to 3 pounds.
- Blood of women gains weight of approximately 4 lbs.
- Mother’s nutrient and fat stores about 5 to 9 pounds of weight during the pregnancy.
4. Average weight gain during pregnancy month by month
Weight gain during pregnancy month by month is important to understand. You should gain weight week by week or month by month. Sudden weight gain during pregnancy can cause serious problems during pregnancy. Generally, you should gain 25 pounds to 30 pounds (12 kg to 14 kg) weight during the complete period of your pregnancy. Here we will share with you the information about weight gain during pregnancy month by month.
- There is no weight gain during the first month of pregnancy.
- The average weight gain during pregnancy in the second month is zero.
- You should gain about 2 pounds to 3 pounds (1.5 kg) weights in your third month of pregnancy.
- The average weight gain during pregnancy in the fourth month is about 2 to 3 pounds.
- You should gain about 3 pounds to 4 pounds in the fifth month of your pregnancy.
- In the sixth month of your pregnancy period, you should approximately gain 5 pounds in weight.
- Weight gain during the seventh month of pregnancy should be approximately 5 pounds to 6 pounds.
- You have to gain about 6 pounds of weight during the eight-month of pregnancy.
- In the last month of your pregnancy, you should gain 2 pounds of weight.
4. Sudden weight gain during pregnancy
Women should gain or lose weight during pregnancy following a pattern. Sudden weight gain or sudden weight loss during pregnancy can cause major problems and complexities during pregnancy.
Sudden weight gain, such as 1kg per week during pregnancy, can be a symptom of health problems like pre-eclampsia. It can be fatal for both mother and fetus. You should treat it as soon as possible by the doctor. Be careful about your pregnancy weight gain. You must have weight gain during pregnancy month by month chart to follow it.
Weight gain during pregnancy by month
First Trimester (1st to 3rd month of pregnancy)
During the First Trimester, one should gain a minimum weight from 1.1 to 4.4 pounds (0.5 – 2.0 kg). In the first Trimester, you gain too much weight or lose too much weight then and then consult with your doctor. If you gain or lose about more than 5% to 10% of your weight before the pregnancy, then a medical checkup is necessary. Be careful about your diet. Eat healthy and nutritious food regularly according to the diet plan your doctor has prescribed you.
Second Trimester (4th to 6th month of pregnancy)
During the Second Trimester, one should gain weight steadily and gradually. The average of which is about 0.5 to 1.0 lb (0.2 to 0.5 kilograms) per seven days. If one is gaining more weight during the 2nd Trimester, then one should contact her doctor about this situation. You should seek the guidance of your doctors and then do as your doctor prescribed you for you and your baby healthy. In this Trimester healthy and hygienic diet is necessary for the development of the baby.
Third Trimester (seven months to end of pregnancy)
During the third trimester, one should again gain weight steadily and gradually. The average of which is about 0.5 to about 1.0 lb (0.2 to 0.5 kilograms) per seven days. If one is not gaining more weight during the 3rd Trimester, then one should contact her doctor about this situation. Do as your doctor prescribed you; this will prevent you from future complexities. In this period you should take good care of your diet. Take healthy and rich in calories foods.
Tips for healthy weight gain during pregnancy
Pregnant women should take care of their diet. They have to take extra nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, proteins, etc. Weight gain during pregnancy month by month or week by week is necessary for fetal development and mother health.
Here are a few tips and resources to weight gain during pregnancy month by month for the healthy development of your baby.
- Do not skip meals. Take breakfast every morning of the everyday. You should eat butter or slices of cheese with bread for the extra amount of proteins in your body.
- Make sure the use of dried fruits in your diet for the extra quantity of proteins and minerals.
- Take milk and yogurt daily for weight gain pregnancy breakdown. Milk and yogurt provide calcium for you and your baby.
- For weight gain pregnancy breakdown, you should eat foods that contain good and healthy fats, for instance, nuts, olive oil, and fatty fish, etc.
- Drink fresh juice for the weight gain pregnancy breakdown. Try to drink those juices which are rich for Vitamins C and beta carotene, for instance, orange juice, carrot juice. You can take the nectar of papaya and apricot for the weight gain pregnancy breakdown.
- You should not take junk food.
- Take additional vitamins and supplements for the weight gain pregnancy breakdown.
Learn More About Pregnancy Weight Gain
Hence, during pregnancy, women should gain weight properly with patterns. Their weight should be increased week by week or month by month. Weight gain during pregnancy month by month is much important than ever.
Sudden weight gain or loss can cause serious problems for both mother and child. Sudden weight gain leads to pre-eclampsia disease, which leads to the death of a child and even a mother.
You must have charts of weight gain during pregnancy month by month. Gaining too much weight or losing too much can cause difficulties and complications during pregnancy. You should gain or lose weight according to your recommended weight gain during pregnancy month by month chart.
Make sure to check your weight at least 4 times per week. In the case of underweight and obesity before pregnancy, you should be more careful. In short, work closely with the prescribed chart of weight gain during pregnancy month by month for the life of your child.