Why Best weight gain Exercises For Beginners Is important?
Maintaining a healthy weight is essential for a healthy life. But, being underweight might fall someone short of energy and a healthy immune system to fight against infectious diseases. Moreover, looking underweight poses a risk to lose self-confidence and cause personal frustration.
Ectomorphs or skinny guys believe that it is difficult for them to gain weight due to genetics, but in actual they do not exercise along with taking a healthy diet or do not take a healthy diet with a laborious exercise to build body.
Nobody wants to look puny and wants to have an attractive body. So, someone keen to gain weight should focus on both exercise and a healthy diet. A healthy diet is necessary for taking the essential nutrients to gain weight, but exercise helps to burn calories and improve body metabolism. Exercise burns fat and builds muscle mass, unlike focusing only on a quality diet, which may result in gaining fat. This article points necessary best weight gain exercises for beginners.
Why Exercise for Weight Gain?
Physical exercise for weight gain is necessary because it improves the body’s metabolism, i.e., the body’s ability to digest and absorb food more quickly. Exercise with a healthy diet produces fast and better results to gain weight.
Firstly, when we exercise, it increases the appetite of the stomach and muscles, and when we eat healthy food, the useful nutrients reach the muscles more quickly because they are hungry. Secondly, the workouts help muscles break during exercise, which is recovered through the available protein in food.
A workout plan is necessary to gain weight healthily. Someone eating quality food may gain weight with time, but he doesn’t need to be also achieving a good physique. So, exercise improves body shape as well as weight gain.
Similarly, the exercise burns body fat, and without exercise, it is not confirmed that if someone is gaining fat or muscle mass. The following section points some best weight gain exercises for beginners.
Best Weight Gain Exercises for Beginners
Pushups do not require any equipment. This is the best exercise for building the upper body, i.e., arm, shoulders, and chest. They are the workout of biceps, triceps, and shoulders. However, if done correctly, they can also strengthen the back and core. Pushups are one of the highly recommended best weight gain exercises for beginners.
Helpful Tool: Perfect Fitness Perfect Pushup Elite
The following are the steps for this exercise.
- Lie down straight facing the floor.
- Put hands on the floor with flattened palms, and arms out at the sides of the body, elbows should be bent and shoulders width apart.
- Push body up by stretching arms straight, meanwhile keep the legs and back straight.
- Slowly lower your body down by bending elbows. No part of the body should touch the floor except the hands and toe.
Complete 03 sets of 15 reps (or as many as you feel it easy) with an interval of 01 minutes between each set.
Pull-ups are one of the best weight gain exercises for beginners. It requires a rod or any solid cylindrical object. This is an excellent weight exercise for beginners as it helps to build and strengthen the upper body part, core, and the back.
- Grasp the pull-up rod with palms facing outward. Hands should be in line with shoulders.
- Pull your body up until your feet are in the air (not touching the floor).
- Pull your body up enough to raise your chin above the rod.
- Slowly lower the body down so that arms became straight again.
- Repeat this exercise in easy sets.
Squats are useful for the whole body as they create a valuable anabolic environment for bodybuilding. Squats work out leg muscles, i.e., quadriceps, hamstrings, and calve. This is also one of the most recommended best weight gain exercises for beginners who have shown proven results.
- Stand straight such a position that your feet and hips are in line.
- Extend your hands in front of your body and clasp the fingers of both hands. This will help you to maintain your balance.
- Slowly lower your body down by only using legs and assume the seated position. Your thighs should be parallel to the floor.
- Push your heels to stand back to the starting position.
- Repeat this exercise 4 to 5 times, or as you feel comfortable.
4. Bench Dips
One of the best weight gain exercises for beginners is doing bench-dips. It is the most effective exercise for eliciting activity in the triceps muscles.
- Place a bench at your back and hold the edge of the bench with both hands. Fingers of the hand should face the ground.
- Take a step forward to extend your legs perpendicular to your trunk.
- Bend the elbows of the arms and push the butt down towards the floor until the forearms form a 90-degree angle to the floor. Do this step inhaling breath.
- While exhaling, lift the trunk back until the arms are straightened.
- Repeat this exercise as you feel comfortable.
5. Bench Press
Bench presses are one of the best Weight Gain Exercises for Beginners. It helps to build shoulder, triceps, and chest muscles.
- Lie on back on a bench
- Grip the bar with hands width apart than the shoulder.
- Take the bar off the rack and bent your elbows to bring the bar to your chest.
- Slowly, lift the bar again by straightening your arms.
- Repeat as many times as you feel comfortable.
Lunges can be done anywhere and are the best weight to gain exercise for beginners. This drill helps to bulk up and tone your leg and butt muscles.
- Stand up straight and flex your abdominal muscles.
- Step your one leg forward and bend it till the elbow, while the other leg is kneeling the ground.
- Push back to stand up to the initiation position.
- Repeat the exercise on one leg and then on another until you feel comfortable.
7. Dead Lift
Dead Lifts helps to build hamstrings, glute muscles, and core muscles. It is also one of the most critical weight gain exercises for beginners. This workout helps the whole body.
- Stand with feet shoulders apart; the midfoot should be under the weight bar.
- Firmly grasp the barbell.
- Take a big breath and lift the weight till the thighs and then until the hips.
- Bend the body at the hips and put the weight bar back on the floor.
- Repeat the exercise 3-5 times according to your comfort level.
8. Overhead Press
The overhead press is also a highly recommended Best Weight Gain Exercise for Beginners. It widens the chest and strengthens the shoulders, arms, and back. You can use it for a bodybuilding plan.
- Grasp the weight bar with hands width apart from the shoulders.
- Slowly lift the weight bar till the chest and then lift over the head until the arms are fully straightened.
- Slowly lower the weight bar till the shoulders and then place the weight on the floor.
- Repeat this three times or as per your comfort level.
Changing Bad Habits
A healthy diet and regular exercise without any doubt are crucial for weight gain, and mass building but getting rid of some bad habits is equally important. As mentioned earlier, everyone wants to stay healthy, but our daily choices decide how healthy we are.
Some bad habits like smoking, drinking, and eating unhealthy snacks would hinder your progress from gaining weight, and your efforts will be useless. Eating unhealthy snacks would lower your hunger for healthy food and would flood your body with ingredients harmful to the body.
Drinking alcohol disturbs your metabolism, and your digestion system would be slowed. Moreover, drinking alcohol lowers energy, and you would skip the exercise routine. Smoking is a terrible addiction; it reduces the stamina of the body and causes breath shortness, due to which the smoker is unable to go with a planned exercise routine.
Learn more About Weight Gain Fitness
Best Weight Gain Exercises FAQ
Can I Only Do Weight Lifting To gain weight?
No, only weight lifting or exercise without a quality food not work to gain weight, instead you will be leaning as a result. Training hard and taking inadequate food also damage mental health. When we exercise, muscles are broken, and they need food to recover. If the food is not available, they will be damaged and will further lean instead of bulking up. Therefore, it is necessary to eat quality food with routine exercise to faster weight gain and healthy life.
Will this Guide Help me in Bulking Up?
This guide is providing crucial information regarding Weight Gain Exercises for Beginners as well as the importance of a healthy diet in gaining weight. Ectomorphs or skinny guys believe that it is difficult for them to gain weight due to genetics. Still, in actual they do not exercise along with taking a healthy diet or focus only on hard exercises to build body.
Someone keen to gain weight should focus on both the exercise and healthy diet, as both go hand in hand. A healthy diet is necessary for taking the essential nutrients to gain weight, but exercise helps to burn calories and improve body physique.
Will, I become Fat Following this?
Physical exercise is necessary to gain weight healthily. Someone eating quality food may gain weight with time, but he doesn’t need to be also gaining a good physique. This guide aims to provide you tips to fast weight gain with a beautifully toned physique. Following this guide, you will prevent being overweight or fatty.
Exercise will increase the appetite, and you will consume more food as a result, but it will help to build your muscle mass. As recommended by this regular guide, the exercise would burn your body fat, and the weight gain will be mean gaining muscle mass, not fat.
Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle through Diet and Exercise is Important
Everyone wants to stay healthy, but these are our daily choices that decide how healthy we are. In the realm of fitness, regular exercise, and intake of a healthy diet play a vital role. Adopting a healthy lifestyle stave-off several physical and mental health illnesses including, cardio-vascular diseases, hypertension, diabetics, obesity, weight loss, sleep shortness, anxiety, and several other conditions.
Inadequate food or consuming unhealthy diets both causes malnutrition, so we should seek only for a diet with useful nutrients. Dietary needs differ from person to person, but in general, some foods are essential for every age group such as vegetables and fruits, protein, nuts, legumes, and whole grains. These foods should help in gaining weight.
A healthy diet and exercise keep you energetic and makes you feel positive and happy. Both help to reduce stress and improves brain activity. If we say a healthy diet with routine best weight gain exercises for beginners can avoid future complications and save our health budget, it would be not wrong.